No one wants to find a leaking pipe. Even a small leak can cause severe water damage to your home or business. If you notice the following signs of a plumbing leak, call our commercial plumbing company at (707) 575 -1500 for service and repair.
- Increased water bills
- Reduced water pressure
- Musty odors
- Water stains
- Or strange noises
The best way to prevent water damage is through a regular maintenance plan. At Leduc & Dexter Plumbing, our plumbers in Marin County and Northern California have the tools and expertise to install, service, and repair all plumbing systems from hi-tech facilities to wineries to residential buildings.
If you find a water leak, call our plumbers to find and fix the issue at the source. For minimal water exposure to carpeting, follow these steps to prevent future damage.
- Put on proper safety equipment such as masks and gloves
- Take photos of the damage as evidence for your insurance claim
- Use a shop vac to remove as much water as possible
- Remove moisture by using dehumidifiers, opening windows, and turning on fans.
- Replace carpet padding that is susceptible to mold growth.
- Sanitize all surfaces that have come in contact with water (even clean water)
- Steam and sanitize the carpet.
For more extensive water damage, including gray or black water leaks, consider talking to a restoration specialist about professional water removal, steam cleaning, subfloor water damage service, mold removal, and replacing your carpets.
Water damage can become a huge problem and fast. It is important to act quickly to minimize structural damage and mold and mildew growth. Be sure to regularly inspect your carpets for water damage near bathrooms, kitchens, and appliances like washing machines and to call our San Rafael plumbers for 24/7 service in an emergency at (707) 575-1500 today.